The purpose of the Association is to provide opportunities for former pupils of the school to meet and keep in touch with one another, as well as with the teaching staff and Governors and to further the interests of the school by giving it every assistance.
- The 2022 edition of the School's end-of-year review publication The Petriburgian has now arrived! We are publishing it for free online this year, in PDF format, which you can download here.
- OPA Constitution
- OPA Child Protection Policy
- Membership and Keeping in Contact
- History of The King's School by Denham Larrett
- Leaving a gift to the School in your will - please see the Support Us pages for details on how to do this
- Cheryl Broad
Cheryl Broad, a former teacher at King’s, has sadly passed away after a battle with cancer. Cheryl arrived at The King’s School in 1993 as a part-time teacher of History. As her children James, Matthew and Ellen (all educated here at King’s) got older, Cheryl became full-time.
Cheryl then became Head of History, presiding over a team that achieved unprecedented success, establishing History as one of the best performing departments in our School. Her professionalism and effectiveness as a classroom practitioner were acknowledged with her award of Advanced Skills Teacher status, with which she used her experience to help colleagues develop their own practice. For many years, Cheryl was Head of St Peter’s House and throughout this time she also served as a form tutor. It may be fitting that St Peter’s won House Music this year, perhaps in honour of such a wonderful lady.
As our School expanded, Cheryl was appointed to the position of Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Key Stage 4 as well as various other responsibilities, a position that she fulfilled with great aplomb. All of us that have been privileged to work with her were awestruck by her ability to tell the wood from the trees, to deal with students fairly but compassionately and to significantly contribute to the strategic planning of our future.
Our thoughts and prayers are with her family at this difficult time.
Dates for your Diary and Forthcoming Events
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap - Wednesday 27 December 2023
- Committee Meeting - Tuesday 02 May 2023 at 6pm
- Committee Meeting - Tuesday 26 September 2023 at 6pm
- AGM 2024 & Committee Meeting - Tuesday 20 February 2024 from 6pm
- Basil Dean, 1924-2020 - Obituary
- Nigel George
Nigel was Head of the Music Department between 1954 and 1970, before leaving to teach at St Felix' School at Southwold in Suffolk. He died in January 2021 from complications associated with Covid-19 at a care home in Norfolk, aged 90. His family has set up a memorial website, should any older Old Petriburgians who remember him wish to send their condolences: https://nigelgeorge.muchloved.com
- Maureen Lloyd
Maureen joined the School from Westwood House School in time for the start of the co-educational comprehensive KSP in September 1976. She set up the new Home Economics department, which included Food and Nutrition, Needlework and Child Care courses. She and her department were so successful that in 1989 she was recruited to the Cambridgeshire Advisory Service, overseeing her areas of Technology throughout the County. Today’s more modern layout of the Food rooms was designed and set up by Maureen. She died following a short stay in Peterborough Hospital in January 2021, aged 88.
- Heather Diggle
Heather taught English, including Literature, to A-Level, and was responsible for introducing Drama to the School as an academic subject at GCSE and Theatre Studies at A-Level. Serving between 1990 and 2001, she was a vivacious personality, who demanded high standards in both academic work, and in the many high-quality drama productions, which she directed. She died in late 2020 at the Royal Papworth Hospital, at the age of 79.
- AGM Minutes, 20 April 2021
- AGM Minutes, 25 February 2020
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap, 27 December 2019 Attendees + Pictures
- OPA Hockey Festival Report, 06 July 2019 + Pictures
- OPA Noticeboard - May 2019
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap, 27 December 2018 Attendees + Pictures
- OPA Noticeboard - December 2018
- Peterborough Beer Festival 2018 OPA Attendees + Pictures
- OPA Noticeboard 2017-18
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap, 27 December 2017 Attendees + Pictures
- Peterborough Beer Festival 2017 OPA Attendees + Pictures
President: John Harrison
Chairman: Chris Dunn
Vice Chairman: Trevor Elliott
Secretary: Heather Biccarino
Treasurer: Trevor Elliott
Media Officer: Chris Dunn
Alison Amps (Staff)
Sarah Davies (née Mahoney)
Lucy Willis (Staff)
Nicky Key (OPA Administrator) - email@example.com
OPA Official Merchandise
For more information about membership and merchandise, please contact the OPA Administrator.