The purpose of the Association is to provide opportunities for former pupils of the school to meet and keep in touch with one another, as well as with the teaching staff and Governors and to further the interests of the school by giving it every assistance.
- The 2021 edition of the School's end-of-year review publication The Petriburgian is available now. The School was unable to produce a full printed copy this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so we are publishing it for free online, in PDF format, which you can download here.
- The 2020 edition is available to purchase, as we still have some copies left, at a price of £7.50 plus £2.50p&p. Please write to Mr Trevor Elliott (OPA Chairman), The King's (The Cathedral) School, Park Road, Peterborough PE1 2UE, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheques should be made payable to The King's School.
- OPA Constitution
- OPA Child Protection Policy
- Membership and Keeping in Contact
- History of The King's School by Denham Larrett
- Leaving a gift to the School in your will - please see the Support Us pages for details on how to do this
- Basil Dean, 1924-2020 - Obituary
- Nigel George
Nigel was Head of the Music Department between 1954 and 1970, before leaving to teach at St Felix’ School at Southwold in Suffolk. He died in January 2021 from complications associated with Covid-19 at a care home in Norfolk, aged 90. His family has set up a memorial website, should any older Old Petriburgians who remember him wish to send their condolences: https://nigelgeorge.muchloved.com
- Maureen Lloyd
Maureen joined the School from Westwood House School in time for the start of the co-educational comprehensive KSP in September 1976. She set up the new Home Economics department, which included Food and Nutrition, Needlework and Child Care courses. She and her department were so successful that in 1989 she was recruited to the Cambridgeshire Advisory Service, overseeing her areas of Technology throughout the County. Today’s more modern layout of the Food rooms was designed and set up by Maureen. She died following a short stay in Peterborough Hospital in January 2021, aged 88.
- Heather Diggle
Heather taught English, including Literature, to A-Level, and was responsible for introducing Drama to the School as an academic subject at GCSE and Theatre Studies at A-Level. Serving between 1990 and 2001, she was a vivacious personality, who demanded high standards in both academic work, and in the many high-quality drama productions, which she directed. She died in late 2020 at the Royal Papworth Hospital, at the age of 79.
Dates for your Diary and Forthcoming Events
- Committee Meeting - Tuesday 26 April
- OPA Drinks in London (The Barrel Vault, St Pancras) - Thursday 19 May
- OPA Hockey Festival - Saturday 9 July
- Beer Festival - Thursday 25 August
- Committee Meeting - Tuesday 20 September
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap - Tuesday 27 December
- AGM 2023 & Committee Meeting - Tuesday 21 February 2023
- AGM Minutes, 20 April 2021
- AGM Minutes, 25 February 2020
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap, 27 December 2019 Attendees + Pictures
- OPA Hockey Festival Report, 06 July 2019 + Pictures
- OPA Noticeboard - May 2019
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap, 27 December 2018 Attendees + Pictures
- OPA Noticeboard - December 2018
- Peterborough Beer Festival 2018 OPA Attendees + Pictures
- OPA Noticeboard 2017-18
- Annual Reunion at the Brewery Tap, 27 December 2017 Attendees + Pictures
- Peterborough Beer Festival 2017 OPA Attendees + Pictures
President: Darren Ayling
Chairman: Trevor Elliott
Secretary: Heather Biccarino
Treasurer: Trevor Elliott
Media Officer: Chris Dunn
Alison Amps (Staff)
Chris Dunn (Staff)
Lucy Willis (Staff)
OPA Official Merchandise
For more information about membership and merchandise, please contact the OPA Administrator.