Privacy Notice for Staff
The school workforce: those employed to teach, or otherwise engaged to work at, a school or a local authority
The Data Protection Act 1998: How we use your information
The King’s (The Cathedral) School is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We process personal data relating to those we employ to work at, or otherwise engage to work at The King’s (The Cathedral) School. This is for employment purposes to assist in the running of the school and/or to enable individuals to be paid. The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- improving the management of workforce data across the sector
- enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed
- informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- allowing better financial modelling and planning
- enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring; and
- supporting the work of the School Teachers’ Review Body
This personal data includes identifiers such as names and National Insurance numbers and characteristics such as ethnic group, employment contracts and remuneration details, qualifications and absence information.
We will not share information with third parties without consent unless the law allows us to. We are required, by law, to pass on some of this personal data to our local authority and the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how we and/or DfE store and use personal data please visit:
If you want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the Schools Administrator at email@example.com.