Privacy Notice for Alumni, Friends & Supporters
The privacy and data security of our alumni, friends and supporters is important to King’s (The Cathedral) School, the King's Friends (KF) and the Old Petriburgians’ Association (OPA).
The School provides administrative support to the OPA, KF and the Fundraising Committee and is responsible for coordinating alumni relations, events, and fundraising and charitable giving to the School. All administration is carried out in accordance with the School’s Data Protection Policy.
The following notice sets out how as alumni, friends and supporters of The King’s (The Cathedral) School we may use your data. We will ask your permission to hold your data and also you will be able to confirm the way in which communicate with you.
All personal data is held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the School’s Data Protection Policy which can be found in the policies section of the School’s website and other relevant legislation. All personal data is stored securely, with access restricted to authorised personnel only.
Personal data held and processed by the School on behalf of the OPA, KF and Fundraising Committee may include:
- Biographical information including your name, gender and date of birth
- Your contact details and communication preferences
- Your education history
- Your clubs and societies affiliations and your other connections with the School
- Your professional activities and employment
- Your interests and extra-curricular activities
- Information you have publicly shared on social media
- Your volunteering activity for the School
- Your family and partner/spousal details
- Your relationships with other School alumni, donors and friends
- Your donation history
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- Your attendance at School events
We will use your data to administer a range of activities for our alumni, friends and supporters and ensure that the ways in which we communicate with you, such as sending out news about the School, inviting you to events, or advising you of fundraising activities and plans/campaigns, are relevant and adhere to your chosen communication preferences.
Your data will not be disclosed to external organisations. The School does not sell or swap any of its data to third party organisations and does not permit its agents to provide its data to third parties.
Depending on your privacy settings and interaction with us on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, we may cross-check your data to ensure that it is robust and up to date.
We may use photographs or videos of you for the School's website and social media sites or prospectus to promote the School. If you have any concerns about the use of photographs and videos please contact the Fundraising Officer.
The School is committed to holding your data securely and treating it with sensitivity. As we would like to develop a longstanding relationship with you we will hold your information for up to 80 years.
You have a right to request copies of the data that we hold about you and to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If you request that we stop processing your data, we will remove personal data with the following exceptions:
- your name and years of entry and leaving alongside your request to remove your data. We will retain this information to prevent you from being inadvertently contacted in the future
- information needed to comply with statutory requirements, but only for as long as those statutory requirements specify (e.g. Gift Aid declarations)
If you have any queries or concerns about the use of your information, or wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact us at:
Postal Address: The King’s (The Cathedral) School, Park Road, Peterborough, PE1 2UE
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 01733 751541
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) Amber Badley at DPO@firebirdltd.co.uk. Our DPO is an external consultant appointed under a service contract.
From time to time we will ask you to confirm your contact details and communication preferences. You can change your communication preferences at any time by completing the form on the School website.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any significant changes to this Notice or to the way we treat your data will be communicated via the School website or by contacting you directly.